Two muscular fighters in a facing-off pose with fists raised, a referee standing between them on a stage.

Francis Ngannou reminded the combat sports world why many still consider him the most dangerous heavyweight alive after scoring a devastating first-round knockout over Philipe Lins at MVP MMA: Rousey vs. Carano on Saturday night.


Competing in the co-main card heavyweight clash inside the Intuit Dome in Los Angeles, Francis Ngannou wasted little time reintroducing his terrifying power as he dismantled Lins in brutal fashion.

The former UFC heavyweight champion entered the fight looking to bounce back after back-to-back boxing losses to Tyson Fury and Anthony Joshua. Despite the setbacks in the ring, Ngannou proved his MMA instincts and knockout power remain as dangerous as ever.

Lins attempted to slow the fight down early with grappling exchanges after narrowly avoiding some massive punches from Ngannou. But even while defending takedowns, “The Predator” stayed composed and continued to punish the Brazilian with heavy body shots and sharp counters.

Once the fight returned to striking range, the end came quickly. Ngannou cracked Lins with a brutal counter left hook that instantly turned his legs to jelly before following up with more punches to secure the first-round knockout victory.

“Ngannou is back,” one commentator shouted as the former UFC champion celebrated the emphatic finish.
After the fight, Francis Ngannou praised Lins for surviving longer than he expected and revealed the exact moment he decided to close the show.

“He was tougher than I thought,” Ngannou said. “I stayed patient and waited for my moment. When I heard his corner say there was one minute left in the round, I knew I had to go.”

Muscular Black man, shirtless, flexing his biceps on stage with a sports banner in the background.

The win marked Ngannou’s second MMA appearance since leaving the UFC in 2022. Since then, he has competed under the PFL banner, knocked out Renan Ferreira, and headlined blockbuster boxing matches against Fury and Joshua.

However it wasn’t just the knockout that grabbed headlines. Francis Ngannou also addressed longtime rival Jon Jones during his post-fight interview and made it clear he still wants the heavyweight super fight fans have demanded for years.


“Jon Jones is a great fighter, probably the best that has ever done MMA,” Ngannou said. “But I think in terms of business he has something to learn. He should watch what I’m doing and learn.”


“If he gets it now, we can make this fight happen before we retire.”

Ngannou also dismissed concerns about a potential showdown with heavyweight striker Robelis Despaigne after Despaigne recently called him out.

“I believe I can handle him,” Ngannou said. “Nothing impressive for me, for my style.”

The night also featured a brief exchange with Jake Paul, who stood beside Ngannou inside the cage following the win. Paul praised Ngannou’s performance and doubled down on MVP’s mission to create bigger opportunities and better paydays for fighters outside the UFC system.

Before leaving the cage, Francis Ngannou delivered one final statement that summed up the entire night.

“I’m the f***ing best. Period.”

With another brutal knockout added to his résumé, Francis Ngannou once again reminded the MMA world that his heavyweight reign may be far from over.

Leave a comment